Regina & Viv's Excellent Adventures

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Asians in Asia?

Today we took a quick 15 minute ferry ride across the Bosphorus to...Asia! Okay, so it wasn't quite that dramatic, and I was disappointed that there was no large "Welcome to Asia" sign, but it was nice to take that quick trip on a glorious day. The higher powers were definitely smiling down on us today -- it was warm and sunny, and after our ferry boat rides, we hung out at an outdoor cafe drinking Turkish tea and smoking hookah for the first time. I know it's not really a big deal, but it was the first time Regina and I have smoked *anything* in our lives, so we definitely had a good laugh about it.

Dinner was at a great seafood restaurant called Park Fora. We sampled a bunch of meze, Turkish versions of tapas before having the main course -- grilled local blue fish. It was so fresh that we had it plain with just a quick squeeze of lemon. Delish! Capped off with some Turkish coffee and we really couldn't ask for a more perfect dinner to end our trip.

And with that, our Turkey on Turkey adventures draw to a close. Tomorrow we head home to our opposite coasts and get back to "normal" life as we know it. It's been one amazing adventure, but I suppose I expected nothing less from us -- excellent adventures, indeed.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home