Regina & Viv's Excellent Adventures

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

I think she meant "hawkers"

So it's not hokkas or hookers, but hawkers. That's British English for street vendors and otherwise sketchy salespeople that approach you on the street. Good thing I'm here to translate for Regina...she seems to have trouble understanding any English that's not American!

So anyway, as Regina summed up, we were at the Taj Mahal yesterday. I couldn't believe how many people were there trying to rip off tourists, steal, and beg (one lady was even teaching her daughter to beg). It really took away from the overall Taj experience. Nevertheless, the monument really took my breath away. It's one of the most amazing things I've ever seen!

After that we headed off to the Delhi airport, which must be the most inefficient airport I've ever seen...and I've seen a lot of airports! They had three people doing every job that one person could have done, but instead of being speedier, they were actually even sloooooower! The whole time I was there I just kept saying "slooooooooow".

And with that, our Indian odyssey came to an end and we gladly boarded our Thai air flight to Bangkok en route to Phuket.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home